Saturday, October 18, 2008

Report on the Trip Home

After the time in the airport, my flights were completely uneventful.  Flew to Chicago, had a gate change, then another, but they were literally next door so I didn't even have to change seats, then into Detroit where myB picked me up in style (his style, which is fabulous of course), and we listened to the cast recording of [Title of Show] on the way back to Lansing.  It's a fabulous show and you should all buy it and giggle at the monkeys and vampires.  Helen, are you listening?  This is what to buy!

Saturday morning we went to Thieo's for breakfast (southern scramble = extreme yumminess with cheese on top).  Then myB and I went to my parents' house where we drank and frightened myB with an experience of watching Michigan football with the Perkini.  For the record, \PER-kin-eye\ is the correct pronunciation of the plural of my family name.

Then to Eddie O'Flynn's for a pre-show dinner with everyone. 

 
After dinner there was a show of some sort and a get-together at Buck and Molli's.  Got back to Lansing around 2.  Sunday consisted of getting up a few hours earlier than I wanted and driving down to the airport.  Can I say how great myB was to pick me up and drop me off in Detroit?
The flight down was a little more eventful.  The flight was oversold, and they were looking for people to take a later flight that day for a free round-trip ticket.  I volunteered and got the voucher!  So I have have a free round-trip flight back to Michigan (or wherever in the continental US) coming up.  I think I'll use it for graduation this spring.  Unfortunately, this meant that my flight left at 9:15 instead of 2:50.  It's a good think I brought schoolwork!  Other than the change in terminals and not getting home until after midnight, there was no further excitement.  
I got cheap tickets, but for the fun I had and all the friends I saw, I would gladly have paid more.  It was so worth it and I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again at Christmastime.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I think your parents do like me better than you. (Oh, please...they'd crawl across broken glass for you, and you know it!) I do wish you'd warned me about your parents...particularly your Mother...watching Michigan football. Telling me "they're fans" really didn't prepare me for the experience.

    ReplyDelete